We are certain you will have a number of questions to ask, and we are ready to answer them all, but first here’s our top 10 frequently asked questions.
1. How old do I have to be to become a volunteer Marshal in motor sport?
2. What if I am under 16?
You can become a cadet marshal (Motorsport UK Under 18 Policy)
3. What qualifications do I need?
None, just a willingness to get involved is all you need
4. What equipment do I need?
None, however, most circuit marshals do buy overalls (not compulsory) and you will need suitable outdoor clothing and footwear
5. Do I have to be a Circuit Marshal?
No, you can also be a specialist pits, starting or paddock Marshal
6. Are there any training or taster days I can do?
Yes, contact your regional centre for more information
7. What do I get in return?
Marshalling is a voluntary role, but there are many other incentives and rewards to be gained
8. How much will it cost me to get involved?
Nothing, other than your food and travel costs
9. How soon can I become a volunteer Marshal?
10. I’m ready, how do I get started?
By contacting your BRSCC Regional Centre