The Britcar Mosler of Javier Morcillo & Manuel Cintrano had a mixed day at Oulton. Photo: Steve Borowik

The skill and team-work of the BRSCC’s North Western Centre’s marshals and officials ensured all 8 events that comprised the meeting at Oulton Park on 28thJune were completed before the circuit’s 6:30 pm curfew despite there being numerous incidents to be dealt with.

A first corner crash triggered the red flags in the opening race of the day which was part 1 of a Britcar double-header with each edition scheduled to last 90 minutes. It was the pole-sitting Morcillo/Cintrano Mosler that had a coming together with Mike Millard’s Rapier and brought proceedings to a halt. With the two fastest cars in qualifying out of action the restarted race was wide open and, thanks to excellent strategy that saw the mandatory pit-stop made during a Safety Car period, the Audi R8 of Cook/Pelle seized the opportunity to take victory by almost half a minute.

The second race also had to be stopped after a handful of laps because a driver needed medical attention when he went off at Water Tower. The restart was a 45 minute blast with no requirement to pit. The Cook/Pelle car fought tooth and nail to keep the repaired Mosler of Morcillo/Cintrano at bay – what a fabulous sight it was to see these two high powered machines battling it out on the swoops of Oulton – but it was all in vain as the lead changed hands just before the half hour mark when a better exit from Old Hall saw the Mosler power ahead down The Avenue.

There had been an earlier red flag during Mighty Mini qualifying when Brayden Fletcher had a heavy impact with the tyre wall at Old Hall. Thankfully his father was on-hand to repair the car and the youngster found himself on pole for his second race of the day due to the partially reversed grid determined by the finishing order of race 1 in which Paul Inch and Sam Hathaway were the first two to take the flag. They came home in that order again next time around having pushed Fletcher down to third in a restarted event that lasted just 5 minutes. The stoppage had been caused by Ryan Cowley barrel-rolling at Hislops.

Elliot Stafford was edged on to the grass at Dentons as he contested the lead with Jamie White just after the Super Mighty Minis were unleashed for their opener. Stafford worked his way up to be classified as runner-up to Scott Kendall after winner-on-the-road White received a time penalty that relegated him to third for his lap 1 manoeuvre. This put him ahead of Stafford on the reversed grid for race 2 and he was able to get clear of the traffic long before Stafford could move up to second, going on to take the win almost 7 seconds to the good.

Throughout the field, the Teekay Couplings Production GTi contenders produced some great racing but no one had the pace of Simon Hill who twice stood on the top step of the podium as did Craig Roberts in Class B.

You can check out all the results and lap analysis courtesy of TSL Oulton Results

Dave Williams


Race Entries
& Membership