BRSCC OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON COVID-19 – 13/03/2020
The British Racing and Sports Car Club would like to thank all drivers, officials and all supporters for their concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus and its potential impact on our racing events.
As it stands, all events are taking place and we are currently working on our season openers at Silverstone on the 21st/22nd March and Oulton Park on the 28th March. With the situation and response to the virus constantly evolving, we will be paying close attention to Government and NHS statements and will work with Motorsport UK to ensure we offer the safest environment possible in all our activities.
With our main concern being the health and safety of our drivers, marshals and officials, we have written a list of basic guidelines below. This information is particularly important for people planning to attend our upcoming events. Motorsport UK has published a more detailed list of advice available on https://www.motorsportuk.org/coronavirus-and-motorsport-in-the-uk/.
- Drivers, volunteers, officials or spectators with any symptoms of COVID-19 – if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, breathlessness and/or persistent cough, you should self-isolate for a duration of 7 days and under no circumstances should attend a race meeting. Further guidelines can be found on the NHS website here – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
- Physical contact, such as handshakes and hugs, should be avoided whenever possible.
- If possible, avoid sharing items (e.g. pens, clipboards, tools, bottles etc).
- The BRSCC will do their best to ensure that hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes and tissues are available at sign-on and driver briefings.
- Podium celebrations will be kept brief. Trophies will be brought to the podium and disinfected.
- The BRSCC will ensure a high standard of hygiene throughout the events.
- In the event of the cancellation of a race meeting, the BRSCC will attempt to reschedule the events. If that is not possible, drivers will be able to transfer their race entry payment to another meeting or will be issued with a refund.
- Finally, the BRSCC asks competitors, volunteers, and spectators to stay informed and monitor how the situation unfolds. Government updates can be found on the following link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public