EYES ON THE PRIZE AHEAD OF 2018 BRITISH F4 SEASON
With the 2018 season fast approaching, changes in the prize structure for the F4 British Championship certified by FIA – powered by Ford EcoBoost have been confirmed for the upcoming campaign. This year will see the return of the Rookie Cup in place of the Challenge Cup, as well as the usual plethora of valuable prizes available to entrants.
In 2018 the Ford EcoBoost-powered series will once again boast an incredibly desirable array of awards. All of which are fitting for a series which has become renowned for being one of the hardest FIA Formula 4 championships to win.
The prizes reflect Ford’s continued commitment to support young drivers; enabling the next generation of racers to advance to the highest echelons of motorsport. A commitment which has been further underlined by the championship continuing to keep entry and registration fees fixed since its inception in 2015.
Drivers who have no previous car racing experience will have even more to fight for in 2018 as they will be eligible for the Rookie Cup, along with the chance to be crowned FIA British Formula 4 Champion.
As was the case in 2015 and 2016 when Enaam Ahmed and Alex Quinn took the respective Rookie titles, entry to the Rookie Cup will not bring with it any limits on testing mileage for drivers and the winner will receive free entry to the 2019 F4 British Championship.
F4 British Championship prizes for 2018 include:
- £10,000 for the first driver to win all three races in a meeting.
- £5,000 for the first Rookie Cup entrant to win a race overall.
- Most Improved Driver – One set of new Hankook tyres for testing, awarded to the driver with the highest combined improvement from starting grid position in races one and three at each meeting.
- FIA Formula 3 European Championship Test – A fully funded test for the 2018 FIA British Formula 4 Champion with a leading FIA F3 European team courtesy of series partner and tyre supplier Hankook.
- FIA Super Licence Points – Awarded to the top seven drivers to enable their progression up the motorsport ladder; helping them fulfil their ambitions of acquiring a Super Licence to compete in Formula 1. 12 points will be awarded to the FIA British Formula 4 Champion; two more than any national Formula 3 Championship.
- Free Entry to 2019 F4 British Championship – Awarded to the 2018 Rookie Champion.
- Henry Ford Trophy – Those who compete in the F4 British Championship can use the series as a perfect platform from which to demonstrate extraordinary human endeavour in the field of motorsport and therefore put themselves in contention for the Henry Ford Trophy.
- €1,000 Pole Position Prize – Awarded by Mygale to the team which runs the car that qualifies on pole at each round of the championship. The team will receive a €1,000 credit to be used for the acquisition of parts.
Snap-on Business Solutions Prizes – A £250 Snap-on Tools voucher will be given to the championship’s top technician at each round of the series. In addition, the top technician of the year will receive a uniquely customised Snap-on Business Solutions toolbox and tools, worth in excess of £5,000.